F.A.R.M. for Kids
The F.A.R.M. for Kids career development event challenges chapters to educate elementary students on the importance of agriculture. Participants must create an informative presentation that is designed to be fun, educational, and grade-level appropriate.
The F.A.R.M. application can be found on the Convention Application page.
(2018) An electronic version of the application is emailed and 3 copies of the application in hard-copy sent to the coordinator by April 15: F.A.R.M. for Kids, PO Box 31, Warden, WA 98857
Registration for this event at state convention will be part of the normal chapter registration process.
Note from the Coordinator (3/23/18):
Owls -- You may have noticed a BIG chunk of time allotted for FARM for Kids in the schedule I sent out. I hedged on the room request to be sure that nothing would "bump" the rooms and to give the coordinator and judges some time-flexibility if needed.
So now an update from Coordinator Wiggins for 2018:
- The judges/coaches meeting will be at noon.
- Presentations will start at 1pm.
As a reminder, the rules state: "Chapters presenting must provide an adult to help with scoring (not judging). Chapters without a representative at the coaches meeting or helping score will be disqualified."
All Career Development Events
- Agricultural Communications
- Agricultural Sales
- Agricultural Technology and Mechanical Systems
- Apple Evaluation
- Dairy Cattle Evaluation & Management
- Dairy Products Evaluation
- Environmental & Natural Resources
- F.A.R.M. for Kids
- Farm & Agribusiness Management
- First-Year Member
- Food Science & Technology
- Horse Evaluation
- Livestock Evaluation
- Marketing Plan
- Meats Evaluation & Technology
- Milk Quality and Products Evaluation
- Potato Evaluation
- Poultry Evaluation
- Soils and Land Evaluation
- Tractor Driving
- Veterinary Science
All Leadership Development Events
- Agricultural Issues Forum
- Conduct of Chapter Meetings
- Creed Speaking
- Employment Skills
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Prepared Public Speaking