Environmental and Natural Resources
FFA members participating in the Environmental and Natural Resources CDE develop written and oral communication skills through evaluating and presenting global environmental issues. This event includes individual and team activities where participants complete interviews concerning global and national issues, complete writing exercises and locate strategic points using global positioning systems. Members also complete soil tests, evaluate soil profiles, as well as conduct air and water analysis.
NOTE from the Coordinator (3.26.18):
The following will be the format for the CDE:
- TEST: Written from 2014, 2015, 2016 National Exams, 50 questions
- PRACTICUMS: Remember, each team member will complete two practicums which are assigned at final registration. Contestants will not know their practicums until right before the rotations start.
- WATER QUALITY: Hatch test kits will be used, the scenario will relate to Salmon parameters.
- DATA ANALYSIS: Air quality standards. Similar format to last year's prompt minus the dissolved oxygen question. 20 multiple choice questions.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT: Pasture/Rangeland management scenario, 20 multiple choice questions.
- GPS: Similar format to past years. Might include a measurement piece. UTM will be used.
- SOIL TEXTURING: Same format as the past, I will try to find a different site to prevent flooding.
- IDENTIFICATION: Todd Jacobson is back, know your skills.
- TEAM ACTIVITY: Same format as the past.
Study hard! Contact me if you have any questions! --Chris Carlson (Stanwood)
All Career Development Events
- Agricultural Communications
- Agricultural Sales
- Agricultural Technology and Mechanical Systems
- Apple Evaluation
- Dairy Cattle Evaluation & Managem0ent
- Dairy Products Evaluation
- Environmental & Natural Resources
- F.A.R.M. for Kids
- Farm & Agribusiness Management
- First-Year Member
- Food Science & Technology
- Horse Evaluation
- Livestock Evaluation
- Marketing Plan
- Meats Evaluation & Technology
- Milk Quality and Products Evaluation
- Potato Evaluation
- Poultry Evaluation
- Soils and Land Evaluation
- Tractor Driving
- Veterinary Science