Convention Delegates & Business
Each Washington FFA chapter in good standing may have one voting delegate at state convention to represent their chapter's interests in the business sessions. Convention delegates form committees to discuss pressing issues facing the Washington FFA Association. Following a formal deliberation and approval process, their recommendations are then passed on to the Washington FFA Association Board of Directors for their input.
Current FFA members or chapters may submit issues for consideration during state convention delegate business. (Submission for the 2018 convention consideration is currently closed.) Issues will be reviewed for relevance, duplication, and business docket availability before acceptance.
2018 Issues for Consideration
- District Officer Requirement for State Office (submitted by Cedarcrest)
- State Degree Hour Requirement (submitted by Cedarcrest) AND review/comment on the NY National Constitutional Change Proposal (no action)
- State Officer Scholarship (submitted by 17-18 State Officer Team)
- Possible Dues Increase -- not submitted by a chapter, but have received notification from NFFA (discussion item)
- NFFA Inclusion Statement -- not submitted by a chapter, but have received notification from NFFA and might consider WAFFA modification/adoption
- NFFA Constitutional updates -- not submitted by a chapter, but have received notification from NFFA and might consider WAFFA modification/adoption
Chapter Delegate Registration
Serving as a convention delegate is an important leadership role. Delegates provide input on the work of our organization, and assist in the selection of state officers. The following skill sets are recommended for chapter delegates:
- Proficient in parliamentary procedure
- A solid knowledge of FFA at all levels
- A mature attitude towards their duties as a delegate
- Able to think clearly and communicate well
- A basic understanding of the qualities of a good state officer
- Enthusiasm and dedication to fulfilling their duties as a delegate
Each chapter shall be entitled to send one delegate from its active membership to the state convention. Chapter delegate (and one alternate) registration is due by 4pm on April 1 using the form below.
Although the form says to mail the application, please EMAIL it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delegate Convention Schedule 2018
Thursday May 10
8:30 a.m. Delegate Opening Session -- Overview from Delegate Coordinator and State Staff. Committee assignments announced.
9:00 a.m. - Noon Committee Work on Issues
12:00 - 1:30 p.m. Recess for Lunch
1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Committee Work on Issues
6:00 p.m. First General Session
Friday May 11
8:30 a.m. Delegate Meeting
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Committee Work on Issues
Noon - 3:30 p.m. Delegate Business Session* (Beasley Coliseum)
*If business is not concluded during the allotted time, the delegate body will reconvene AFTER the Second General Session.
6:00 p.m. Second General Session
Approximately 9:30 p.m. OPTIONAL --> Delegate/Top Ten Panel
Saturday May 12
11:30 a.m. Third General Session**
**Delegates must be checked in and seated in the delegate box (lower center bleachers) by 11 a.m. and a chapter delegate must have attended the Delegate Business Session in order to vote.
6:00 p.m. Fourth General Session
DELEGATE SEATING DURING SESSION
All delegates are encouraged to sit in the Delegate Seating Section (lower center bleachers) for all sessions to help welcome the state officers and fire up the crowd!