Through the Agricultural Sales event, students are able to prepare for career opportunities by participating in a wide range of sales activities that develop their interpersonal skills. Participants collaborate as a team to develop a pre-call plan for a variety of different customer types. Individual team members then utilize their skills in information gathering to sell a pre-selected product to one of the customer types. Members also have their knowledge of sales principles tested in the written exam.
State Winning Team 2017: Yelm Blue, coached by Hillary Hull
2016.WA FFA Ag Sales CDE Results
State Winning Team 2016: Stanwood, coached by Darryl Main
UPDATE from Event Coordinators (2/1/18):
For simplicity and ease to have a consistent pricing with this year’s Ag Sales contest we will use Valleyvet.com as a reference to keep pricing reasonable across all teams. Valleyvet.com has a very detailed listing of this year’s Powder River products. If you have question please email Scott Weisse. Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org
Email for Event Coordinators (12/5/17):
Sales product line for the 2018 Sales CDE: Powder River Livestock Handling Equipment
For this year’s sales competition we will be selling Powder River Livestock Handling Equipment. Powder River is a predominant player in the livestock industry and offers a high quality and widely accessible product line for students to familiarize their selves with. They have a has a great website to help teams better understand the product and possible scenarios.
Students are more than welcome to look at other products offered by Powder River for suggestive selling opportunities. 2018 Sales contest will focus around products by Powder River that would be used in the cattle industry.
Success in sales is easy if you remember these tips (taken from nationals):
· Customers buy from people they know
· The customer is the only person who knows what they want and need
· The only way to find what they want and need is to listen and ask questions.
· Apply the product information to fit your features and benefits to their needs and wants
· Listen to your customer’s objections and discuss them
· Close the sale!
Also a one-inch binder will once again be allowed for students to reference.
Any questions? Please feel free to email!
All Career Development Events
- Agricultural Communications
- Agricultural Sales
- Agricultural Technology and Mechanical Systems
- Apple Evaluation
- Dairy Cattle Evaluation & Management
- Dairy Products Evaluation
- Environmental & Natural Resources
- F.A.R.M. for Kids
- Farm & Agribusiness Management
- First-Year Member
- Food Science & Technology
- Horse Evaluation
- Livestock Evaluation
- Marketing Plan
- Meats Evaluation & Technology
- Milk Quality and Products Evaluation
- Potato Evaluation
- Poultry Evaluation
- Soils and Land Evaluation
- Tractor Driving
- Veterinary Science